Stichting EduMais Foundation
The Stichting EduMais Foundation was established as a foundation to structurally support the EduMais project in Rio de Janeiro. The Foundation has ANBI status. This means that we are registered with Dutch tax authorities as a General Benefit Institution. Stichting EduMais Foundation directly serves the public interest and has no profit motive. Due to our ANBI status, you can deduct donations from income or corporation tax (within the applicable donor rules).
The foundation is registered at the Chamber of Commerce in Groningen under number: 71167757 RSIN/Tax Number (Legal Entities and Partnerships Information Number): 858606677
Dutch contact details:
9712 MA Groningen
T: +31 (0) 618719144
The current board consists of the following members:
Chairwoman: Jolanda Hogenbirk
Secretary: Edwin Giebelen
Board member: Guido Hoogeveen
- Supporting projects and programs that provide relevant education for disadvantaged children and young people in vulnerable areas.
- Supporting projects and programs that offer development opportunities for underprivileged children and young people in vulnerable areas.
- Promoting projects and programs that contribute to a successful future for disadvantaged children and young people in vulnerable areas and through which they can build a dignified and fully-fledged existence in society.
- Raise awareness about the situation of educational opportunities for children in vulnerable areas.
The Stichting EduMais Foundation was established in March 2018. The EduMais project focuses on the Pavão-Pavãozinho and Cantagalo favelas, which lie between the rich neighborhoods of Copacabana and Ipanema, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The first active EduMais Project began in 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Director Diana Nijboer instigated this project.
The name ‘EduMais’ means “more education” (loosely translated).
Our ideal is to give underprivileged children and teenagers a better educational future. Children and young people aged 6 to 18 get a good basis for a more successful future thanks to EduMais’s extracurricular education programs.
This program has a solid foundation because of cooperation with a local partner organization (NGO) in the Pavão-Pavãozinho and Cantagalo favelas.
Our mission is to offer relevant, high-quality extracurricular education for underprivileged children and teenagers who would not otherwise have access it due to their difficult living conditions.
The foundation tries to achieve its goal by:
- Financing and consulting EduMais in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Fundraising, additional information/education, and promotion.
- Investigating and entering into partnerships to strengthen the goals of the foundation.
The foundation intends to be a public benefit institution as referred to in Article 6.33 sub b of the Income Tax Act 2001 (or a regulation that replaces it) and aims to be classified as such by the Dutch Tax Authorities.
The Stichting EduMais Foundation is not-for-profit.
The Stichting EduMais Foundation will develop the following activities:
- The Foundation tries to get as much publicity as possible for EduMais. It does this by means of four newsletters per year, a website, a Facebook page, an Instagram page, Twitter, LinkedIn and crowdfunding campaigns.
- Foundations and organizations such as schools, sports clubs etc. will be actively approached to set up partnerships with the project and take actions for EduMais.
Recruiting donors and sponsors
- Active recruitment of donors and sponsors.
- Actively approaching individuals and motivating them to donate money in honour of a birthday party, anniversary, marriage, retirement etc. (not a gift but an envelope with money).
- Actively approaching companies and organizations to make donations.
- Crowdfunding campaigns have to be setup so that EduMais can continue developing new programs.
- The Stichting EduMais Foundation strives for donors who provide a fixed amount of money per month or per year.
- All functions are unpaid.
- Directors/board members are entitled to reimbursement of the costs incurred by them in the performance of their duties (within reason).